Who are we?
The Jordanian Psychological Association is a scientific association for specialists in all divisions of psychology in Jordan. It was founded in 1995 and has about 350 voting members, most of whom are working in educational settings as school counselors, and some are working as faculty members at different universities, in addition to some members working as specialists in the private sector. The Jordanian Psychological Association is committed to the promotion and advancement of psychology as a science and profession and as a means of promoting health, education and human welfare.
The Mission of the Jordanian Psychological Association is to support its members in their efforts to advance the profession, preserve its integrity, and promote the health and well-being of all citizens through different means such as:
- Educate the public about when and how to access psychological services as well as provide referrals when requested.
- Provide leadership to the profession through legislative advocacy and regulatory oversight, marketing, and media outreach.
- Create opportunities for continuing education, networking and mutual support among psychologists of all areas of specialty.
- Offer professional practice consultation by providing information on clinical, legal, and ethical issues to help psychologists better serve the public.
- Promote research, education, and training in psychology.
Our Accomplishments Briefly: